HVS_MovementStudies represents my work with individuals, groups, organizations in addition to inquiry-based, experiential workshops and performances I direct with a collective of professional dance/teaching artists.
Movement-based Mindfulness ™ uses pilates and somatic dance to guide people in reconnecting with themselves, the joy and potential of movement, and to rehearse options and decisions related to real life.
Participants have described my sessions as “affirming”, “supportive”, “rigorous”, and “safe.” The word most commonly used is “wonderful.”
Contact me if the following hold true for you:
- You want to experience a new normal and move toward your potential in movement and in life.
- You want the benefits of yoga but may or may not enjoy a yoga class.
- You are a movement educator who wants more tools in helping clients or students feel comfortable, make measurable growth, and take ownership of their progress.
- You are an Education Professional who wants more tools for interactive presentation, enduring understandings for your students/participants, arts assessment, and quality feedback.
- You are interested in using movement as a method for inquiry and research.
Contact me to book: email@example.com, (517) 449.9068
Aug-October 29 Balance and Strength, Meridian Senior Center, Mondays 12:30-1:30pm
Tuesdays 6:00-7:00pm Pilates Mat w/ HVS
Thursdays 5:45-6:45pm Movement-based Mindfulness™ w/ HVS
Fridays 10:00-11:00am Movement-based Mindfulness™ w/ HVS
Fridays 1:00-2:00pm Chair-based Pilates w/ HVS
Private sessions available. Contact HVS to register for classes & privates.
October 16-18 Arts Integration Residency, Kennedy Center Partners in Education
November 11 Michigan State University, Orchesis Student Dance Organization 1:30-3pm
November 14 Allen Neighborhood Center, Senior Discovery Group 10am
November 26-30 Arts Integration Residency, Kennedy Center Partners in Education
November 29 Bay Area ISD Arts Education Network
December 4-6 Arts Integration Residency, Kennedy Center Partners in Education
December 19 Allen Neighborhood Center, Senior Discovery Group 10 am
April 10 Allen Neighberhood Center, Senior Discovery Group 10 am
May 24-25 The Spiral: Professional Learning and Personal Rejuvenation for the Movement Educator
June 26 MAEIA Re-Ignite 2019