HVS_MovementStudies represents my work with individuals, groups, organizations in addition to inquiry-based, experiential workshops and performances I direct with a collective of professional dance/teaching artists.
Movement-based Mindfulness ™ uses pilates and somatic dance to guide people in reconnecting with themselves, the joy and potential of movement, and to rehearse options and decisions related to real life.
Participants have described my sessions as “affirming”, “supportive”, “rigorous”, and “safe.” The word most commonly used is “wonderful.”
Contact me if the following hold true for you:
- You want to experience a new normal and move toward your potential in movement and in life.
- You want the benefits of yoga but may or may not enjoy a yoga class.
- You are a movement educator who wants more tools in helping clients or students feel comfortable, make measurable growth, and take ownership of their progress.
- You are an Education Professional who wants more tools for interactive presentation, enduring understandings for your students/participants, arts assessment, and quality feedback.
- You are interested in using movement as a method for inquiry and research.
Contact me to book: firstname.lastname@example.org, (517) 449.9068
- Mondays 12:30-1:30pm, Balance and Core
- Tuesdays 6:00-7:00pm Private Group with Equipment w/ HVS
- Fridays 1:00-2:00pm Chair-based Pilates w/ HVS
Private sessions available. Contact HVS to register for classes & privates.
Events and Presentations
September 8, 15, 22, 29 Rooted Counseling, Somatic Dance Movement, East Lansing, MI
October 28 Great Lakes Bay Region Arts Network, Movement-based Mindfulness for K-12 Arts Educators, Midland, MI
December 5 Michigan Elementary and Middle School Principals Association conference, Traverse City, MI