HVS_MovementStudies represents my work with individuals, groups, organizations in addition to inquiry-based, experiential workshops and performances I direct with a collective of professional dance/teaching artists.
Creative Self-Care uses pilates and somatic dance to guide people in reconnecting with themselves, the joy and potential of movement, and to rehearse options and decisions related to real life.
Participants have described my sessions as “affirming”, “supportive”, “rigorous”, and “safe.” The word most commonly used is “wonderful.”
Contact me if the following hold true for you:
- You want to experience a new normal and move toward your potential in movement and in life.
- You want the benefits of yoga but may or may not enjoy a yoga class.
- You are a movement educator who wants more tools in helping clients or students feel comfortable, make measurable growth, and take ownership of their progress.
- You are an Education Professional who wants more tools for interactive presentation, enduring understandings for your students/participants, arts assessment, and quality feedback.
- You are interested in using movement as a method for inquiry and research.
Contact me to book: firstname.lastname@example.org, (517) 449.9068
Nov 27- Dec 18 Balance and Core at Meridian Senior Center; Mondays 1-2pm
Dec 3 Creative Self-Care at MSU Eli and Edythe Broad Museum, Sunday 11-12
Dec 5- Dec 19 Market Moves Pilates, Allen Neighborhood Center on Tuesday 6-7pm
Dec 12 MSU Center for Gender in Global Context, Wells Hall A12, De-Stressing Movement from 1-2pm and 2-3pm
Jan 8- Feb 26 Balance and Core at Meridian Senior Center; Mondays 1-2pm except 1/15 and 2/19
Jan 9- Mar 27 Market Moves Pilates, Allen Neighborhood Center, Tuesdays 6-7pm
Jan 13 Transforming Minds: MAEIA at Oakland Schools from 8:30-3:00pm
Jan 28 Creative Self-Care at MSU Eli and Edythe Broad Museum, Sunday 11-12pm
Feb 25 Creative Self-Care at MSU Eli and Edythe Broad Museum, Sunday 11-12pm
Mar 18 Creative Self-Care at MSU Eli and Edythe Broad Museum, Sunday 11-12pm
Mar 28 Senior Discover Group, Allen Neighborhood Center, 10 am
April 15 Creative Self-Care at MSU Eli and Edythe Broad Museum, Sunday 11-12pm
April 18 Michigan State University Science Fair, HVS_MovementStudies presents The Dancing Brain, an experiential workshop on brain-based movement strategies for movement function, articulation, and expression which ends with a performance by the HVS_MovementStudies professional dance/teaching artists.
June 6 Senior Discover Group, Allen Neighborhood Center, 10am
June 21 MAEIA Collaborative Scoring System Pilot final meeting