HVS_MovementStudies represents my work with individuals, groups, organizations in addition to inquiry-based, experiential workshops and performances I direct with a collective of professional dance/teaching artists.
Creative Self-Care uses pilates and somatic dance to guide people in reconnecting with themselves, the joy and potential of movement, and to rehearse options and decisions related to real life.
Participants have described my sessions as “affirming”, “supportive”, “rigorous”, and “safe.” The word most commonly used is “wonderful.”
Contact me if the following hold true for you:
- You want to experience a new normal and move toward your potential in movement and in life.
- You want the benefits of yoga but may or may not enjoy a yoga class.
- You are a movement educator who wants more tools in helping clients or students feel comfortable, make measurable growth, and take ownership of their progress.
- You are an Education Professional who wants more tools for interactive presentation, enduring understandings for your students/participants, arts assessment, and quality feedback.
- You are interested in using movement as a method for inquiry and research.
Contact me to book: firstname.lastname@example.org, (517) 449.9068
May 7- June 25 Balance and Strength, Meridian Senior Center, Mondays 1-2pm
May 11 Michigan Youth Arts Festival, Western Michigan University
May 17 Michigan State University, movement workshop on building creative teams
May 20 Creative Self-Care at Eli and Edythe Broad Museum at Michigan State University, 11am-12pm
Tuesdays 6:00-7:00pm Pilates Mat w/ HVS
Thursdays 5:45-6:45pm Creative Self-Care w/ HVS
Fridays 10:00-11:00am Creative Self-Care w/ HVS
Private sessions available. Contact HVS to register for classes & privates.
June 6 Senior Discover Group, Allen Neighborhood Center, 10am
June 21 MAEIA Collaborative Scoring System Pilot final meeting
June 27, 28 National Conference on Student Assessment, San Diego, CA
July 13-14 McEntire Pilates Education Summit, Rochester, MI
August 7 MAEIA Re-Ignite and MAEIA 2018-19 Institute
August 7-9 MSU Wharton Center’s Arts Integration Summer Institute
Sept 14-16 Camp Rise with Jenna Zaffino and Heather Vaughan-Southard
Sept 26 Allen Neighborhood Center Senior Discovery Group, 10-11 am