My career has been about following the interesting questions. It has led me from mover to motivator, product to process, individuality to community and common good.
HVS Movement Studies represents the work I do with individuals, groups, organizations, and sometimes audiences. At times, this involves a full-bodied experience, and sometimes it is isn’t. I offer individual and small groups sessions in person or virtually connected, as well as large group experiential workshops and teacher training.
My training has come in the fields of dance, education, pilates, and somatics. My life experiences and research have shaped how I web ideas together to create a safety net for my clients and the teachers I train. The movement and making we create for ourselves shifts how we show up in the world, which ripples into our communities. Movement, specifically dance, has been the first chapter of my career. Making, especially knitting and the visual arts, has been a staple of my upbringing and a creative practice which has shaped my perspective of a life of quality.
My clients include:
- People looking to work with their personal physical capacity and social-emotional wellness (including those with PTSD, traumatic brain injury, joint replacements, hyper mobility, athletes, dancers, and more),
- Educators of movement or other subjects looking to improve the depth and experience of their students,
- Professionals of many fields wanting to use movement as a source of inquiry and research,
- Creatives who live beyond boundaries.
My credentials include:
- Director of Professional Learning for the Michigan Arts Education, Instruction, and Assessment project (MAEIA)
- National Presenter in the fields of Dance Education, Pedagogy, Education, Somatics
- Directing K-12 Dance programs in urban and suburban districts
- Directing and Teaching in Dance Programs in Higher Education
- MFA and BFA degrees in Dance Performance and Choreography
- Professional Performance and Choreography credits: Chicago, New York City, Los Angeles, Michigan
- Comprehensive pilates training through the McEntire School
- Former Board Member of the Michigan Dance Council
- Reviewer for the Journal of Dance Education